Vaginal dryness happens to almost all women at some point in their lives. The only way to figure out a solution is to first figure out the cause.
Most cases of vaginal dryness usually result from a decrease in estrogen. Less estrogen usually means a thinning of the vaginal lining and a decrease in the amount of lubrication produced.
Vaginal dryness can be caused by:
– chemotherapy/radiation treatment
– stress or depression
– breast feeding or immediately after child birth
– cigarette smoking
– a decrease in sexual activity
– certain medications
– yeast or bacterial infections
– using tampons with a higher absorbency than you need
– reactions to certain soaps, bubble bath or feminine hygiene products
Some indications that you may be experiencing vaginal dryness are:
– general discomfort
– painful intercourse
There are many different treatments available to deal with vaginal dryness caused by a decrease in estrogen. You should speak to your doctor to see which one is right for you and to get properly diagnosed.
As well, there are many many personal lubricants on the market that could help as well. Drop into any Our Pleasure location to find the perfect lubricant for you!