There are a million reasons to have sex; desire, intimacy, power, pleasure and the list goes on. What if I told you that sex is a natural remedy for a lot of health problems? Not only do you get your rocks off but you also help your body by having sex! Here’s a list of things that sex has been proven to do health wise;
- Stress Reduction. We’ve all had our fair share and then some when it comes to stress. Work deadlines, school papers, mean bosses whatever your stressor is we all have them. When you have sex endorphins and oxytocin are released making you feel more relaxed. The more relaxed you are the less stress you feel meaning you’re less depressed.
- Speaking of endorphin release, a sweet romantic bout of love making as opposed to a vigorous romp in the sack will release hormones called prolactin that help us sleep deeper and be more relaxed. This is why a lot of men will feel sleepy and roll over after sex.
- Having an orgasm can ease many of our everyday aches and pains. Too often we tell our partner that we have a headache and don’t want to have sex but the Headache Clinic at Southern Illinois University found that half of female migraine sufferers reported relief after having an orgasm. You don’t even need a partner to relief your headache, just grab a toy and masturbate your aches away!
- If you suffer from bad period cramps and heavy bleeding sex can actually help! Laying horizontal actually lightens your flow so we suggest doing the missionary position. When you have an orgasm your uterus contracts and gets rid of cramp causing compounds! Seriously? Who doesn’t want that!!!!
- Sex is cardio! Thrusting works out your abs, your butt and your legs and the longer it lasts the more calories you burn. Cardiologists will actually tell you that a romp in the bed is considered the same as a moderate pace on the treadmill. We can’t guarantee you how many calories you’ll burn; some say anywhere from 185-3000 per sexy session but whatever you burn it is something!
- Sex helps strengthen your pelvic floor muscles which contract during orgasm. It’s not a replacement for kegel exercises but it definitely helps! Next time you’re having sex, try to squeeze hard down on your partner’s penis and see how tightly you can grasp them. I’m sure they won’t complain!
- Research has proven that men who ejaculate 21 or more times a month have a reduced change of having prostate issues. There may be more factors involved but as of right now they are recommending men to masturbate or have sex more often for a healthy prostate.
So instead of running to the doctor for your next minor ache or pain try pleasing yourself or your partner first. You may be surprised with the results ;)